cant get voobly client

gamerkaa

Posted 26 August 2017 - 5:14 pm
I am trying to download the client to play aoe multiplayer. Managed to play a few games till yesterday when client stopped logging in. I uninstalled the client and installed an older version. The client shows 'sign in' then stays that way. Usually it logs in and shows a friends list. It has stoped working now. Unable to figure out what should I do to get it running. Hoping to play a few matches in NPL this wkend. Thks.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Posted 27 August 2017 - 5:18 am
Didn't know this was the right forum for the question. Am new here.

I'm still unable to signin, Help!
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 August 2017 - 7:23 pm
Do not use an older version. Download the latest version from the Voobly site.

Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the Voobly client
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1053+Clean+installation+of+Voobly+client

If you are getting an error signing in after trying the above, kindly provide the error details (screenshot, error number etc)
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Edited 28 August 2017 - 3:23 pm by gamerkaa
Followed the steps after clicking the link.
  • I had a voobly v2.1 installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly. I have uninstalled it. The folder I have renamed it to Voobly_old.
  • Couldn't find any Voobly Game Data in app uninstall. So skipped that step.
  • The last step gives a link to http://voobly.com/ to download the voobly client.
  • I have tried downloading the exe. Pop up window says Run/Save, I click Save.
  • Download doesn't begin.
I have attached a few screenshots which I hope will help. Btw I can access the voobly website and login fine.

Notes:
I had this problem before and at that time uninstalling the client and reinstalling it solved the problem.

OI thanks for help.
Attachments:
link to voobly exe.png (file size: 233.22 KB)
download voobly client.png (file size: 332.23 KB)
unable to download voobly.png (file size: 340.86 KB)

連結 | 回應 | 引用
 kitt

Edited 28 August 2017 - 11:34 pm by kitt
hi
d/load from here and install, then see.
[You must login to view link]
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Edited 29 August 2017 - 8:00 am by gamerkaa
Installed exe and voobly shows up in start menu.

Started successfully but it is stuck on signin screen. After a while I get following msg
Network Connection Error [Code: 40000000]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website.
Attachments:
err code.png (file size: 323.63 KB)

連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:38 pm
Ok. I was skimming over the support section and got this link https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/GGG+KB1012+Required+outgoing+firewall+configuration+for+Voobly
Forwarded the ports and tried connecting.
The voobly client exe download link still doesn't download but the voobly client that I have installed logged in properly once. After I closed it, it stopped logging in.

Thanks for the helpful posts =)
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 kitt

Edited 29 August 2017 - 2:18 pm by kitt
hi
im assuming you have an activated, updated operating system?
error 40000000 can be a name/account log in error as well as a failure to connect. not sure why it works, then doesnt. try changing your
password from settings, top of screen and see.
if you can get in to a lobby, from options at the top of the lobby screen, do the network/game diagnostic and show here.
some ip addresses from your isp are showing up on anti-spam servers. which may/not be causing this as voobly is under cloudfare. this ip is listed, 27.106.62.234, as suspicious.
you might want to check your router setting are saved, then switch it off from the electricity plug for a few minutes before trying again.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Posted 2 September 2017 - 11:29 am
I'm using the trial version from ms site which has a 180 day eval. I got it from ms site. My AoC dvd is not trial but the original one that I purchased, I'm trying it now on w10. The best thing is I managed to play a few games on voobly before it started asking captchas for opening my profile page, then shortly it stopped logging in. I'd be interested in playing more but no point in keeping this app if I'm going to get blocked just for using it for a few games.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 kitt

Posted 2 September 2017 - 2:03 pm
hi
far as i remember the trial version doent work here which may be your problem. install from the cd's aok then aoc, like this: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/261259
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Posted 2 September 2017 - 7:07 pm
I meant I have the 180 day eval of windows 10. The AoK+AoC games are long installed from my dvd. I have reinstalled them anyway. Tried getting the voobly client and surpise! finally got it. The good news is the client is actually logging in. Have no idea how it started working but am really glad it is started finally. I went through the setting u have given and found my router is configured fine. Hoping to try AoC soon.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 kitt

Posted 2 September 2017 - 11:26 pm
hi
ok
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 gamerkaa

Edited 4 September 2017 - 6:03 am by gamerkaa
Stopped working again. Finally uninstalled the app.

+sunny@voobly and +kitt Thanks for trying to help me.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 September 2017 - 10:36 am
Below are a couple of reasons why you should be seeing that connectivity error along with some possible suggestions:

1. Unstable internet connection:
If your connection drops very often or you have lot of devices connected to your router, you will have trouble connecting to Voobly. This also includes connections with low Bandwidth. Can you run a speedtest from [You must login to view link] and share the results in here?

2. A security application (firewall/ antivirus/ antimalware) program blocking access to Voobly. The easiest way to sideline this is to uninstall them all (temporarily) to see if the problem persists.

I would suggest if possible try and connect to a different network (maybe your neighbours wifi or your phone network with 3G/4G) only for testing purposes. That way you can be sure if there is a problem somewhere within your network.

連結 | 回應 | 引用
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts
轉至討論版面:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: