Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > *Port Forwarding works sometimes UDnP doing weird stuff

*Port Forwarding works sometimes UDnP doing weird stuff

xPawno

Edited 18 July 2018 - 10:13 pm by xPawno
Ok, am from Serbia i have 5ghz antena on roof (ubiquiti) am not from city...
Antena goes to NETGEAR Router (WNR1000v3). I always have at least 3-4 devices attached to router,

when i Port Forward on for example 1.0.0.2 it works sometimes and sometimes it dont, alse my IP for PC changes from times to times example 1.0.0.2,3,4,5...

I tried today to do UPnP, i started kinda working but after sometime it just started doing wired stuff..

Screenshot [You must login to view link] and always when i do NetworkDiagnostics in Voobly its sometimes 10xx or 16000 or 55xxx [You must login to view link] maybe something blocks my ports but i disabled FireWall and i just dont have any programs in background.

Edit. Restarted PC, putted cable in different hole did Diagnostics and it works now [You must login to view link] just to show that it works sometimes, but it will break after 1 game or computer restart or i dont know what *| Its on UPnP now, not on manual port forwarding
and its "forwarded" when i join some lobby this happens [You must login to view link]
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 18 July 2018 - 10:39 pm by +sunny@voobly
Hi there,

First off disable UPNP on your router and on Voobly too (if it is active). UPNP dynamically opens the ports needed by querying the application, but this is completely futile because your application (aka the game) will return the directplay ports (2300-2400 and 47264) which is of no use. Besides, having upnp turned on is also not a wise choice from a security standpoint as it allows any application to communicate over any port unrestricted.

After you disable UPNP, make sure you portforward your Voobly NAT port(default is 16000) to your computers current IP. At this point your fast proxy issue should be taken care off. However, to ensure your computers DHCP IP does not change when you reboot your PC or router, it is important to make that IP constant (static). This can be done by one of two ways.

1. IP Reservation on your router OR
2. Assigning a fixed IP to your computer.

For you, we will go with option 2. Here are the steps to configure a Static IP:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1034+How+to+configure+a+static+ip+address

Note: UDP 16000 is the default NAT port and is the only port you will ever need to play on Voobly. If this port does not work, then it is highly unlikely that any other port will work either (as long as you are the only player connecting to Voobly, and have no other application running on that port)

Good luck ;flowers
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 kitt

Posted 19 July 2018 - 1:21 am
h
seems you connect to the isp by antenna? you need to talk to them regarding bridging or forwarding their end.
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 xPawno

Edited 19 July 2018 - 2:01 am by xPawno
i have sent them an email a week ago still no replay and BTW, i reserved ip just for my computer which is 1.0.0.2 now i have static ip in my router, i disabled UPnP in router and in voobly did Port Forwarding it works fine for solid 10 minutes then this happens [You must login to view link]
I will contact my ISP by phone if there is no other option, can you just tell me what should i say to them if its not a problem :) .
連結 | 回應 | 引用
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 July 2018 - 8:39 am
As you can see in the screenshot your NAT port is 16000 however, on querying the NAT port, the response you received is on a completely different port. This implies that you have a symmetric NAT setup which by its nature will not allow any communication on a port unless its explicitly been opened.

Unfortunately this cannot be done on your setup without
1. Either bridging the 2 access points, which I believe is difficult since you are probably not the only customer connecting to the broadcast point of your ISP
2. Acquiring a static IP from your ISP so that all ports can be opened from their side and you can then control these ports at your end from your router. At this point, your port forwarding should work indefinitely.

So try calling your ISP and speak to them about it. I am sure they would have other customers too with similar port issues. Let us know what they have to say.

連結 | 回應 | 引用
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts
轉至討論版面:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: